I Forge Iron

Ellis 6000 belt grinder

steveh

I just ordered the Ellis 6000 belt grinder from Ellis Mfg.in WI.I was wondering if anyone has one of their belt grinders or any of the other metal working pieces of equipment they manufacture.Any feedback would be appreciated,I only dealt with them over the phone but I like the way I was treated.

I have a model 1600 band saw and love it. Where I use to work they had the belt sander you are buying. A very nice sander and is on my wish list someday.

Like Larry I think they make the best band saw blades out there. They do not run any coolant on any of there saws, because there blades are so good and do not recommend it, air mist cooling only.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies about Ellis' machines.My grinder is passing through Kent,Wash.[isn't tracking great],so I am hoping to pick up on Monday.After I use it I will post a review.

They are about three hours from me and I took a tour maybe ten years ago. I have a 1600 band saw and like it.
A friend has the mill/drill they sell as well as a 1300 saw and likes them both.

I know nothing about the sanders.

Ric

I like the looks of the way that machine is made. Maybe even more I like the comments here from others who have machines from them. All my life I have worked with metal and that should have been in my shop likely before the maker was born.!!
That said I am a custom knife maker and for most of wot I do that would not work for me. I use and require a variable speed, 8" x 2" contact wheel and a flat platen for some work. I also stick with 2" x 72" belts as they come in such a variety of grits and types of belts that I can find anything I want. No matter wot your needs are buy the best belts you can find..or even better do a little test and buy cheap and good belts in the same grits and see wot you like. Have fun!