I Forge Iron

The title made me laugh

LOL that is funny!

I agree it doesn't look like two pieces from the same anvil. But hey, $10.00 anvil, $50 trip to a welding shop, and a few grind wheels, and a "just starting out" smith would have one good little 110 pound anvil for $80.00.

Or a pro could get it and have one nice conversation piece.

"Yea the other day I got iritated because this job I'm working on wasn't going well and so I hurled my grandad's old Trenton across the shop and this is what happened! Can't believe I lost me temper like that!"

I'm just sayin'..... :o

I can't believe they even posted something like this. Some people will try to sell anything. I noticed no bids.......go figure! LOL

Mitch

You think that is bad look at this one, I think this guy actually sells these "anvils" bid is at $215 now. I would rather have the two piece than this piece
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220687619017&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You think that is bad look at this one, I think this guy actually sells these "anvils" bid is at $215 now. I would rather have the two piece than this piece
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220687619017&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just proves the old saying"There`s an ass for every seat". <_<

I really think this ad is tongue in cheek. Hard to know. It' pretty xxxx funny though. :)

I do think they are both parts of the same anvil. It broke at a weld and the flaps on the side of the broken piece were to dress the weld. On most American style anvils (narrow waist) the step is way out ahead of the body. The plate must have just broken with the weld. Forge welding is the gold standard repair but I am sure I could do a very effective repair with a deeply vee'd arc weld.

I'd give $50 for it without hesitation if I could pick it up. It's great to know that this old tool is going to be brought back to life and live in a blacksmith's shop.