I Forge Iron

Want to buy.. Half a set of Yater swage blocks..

monstermetal

I know this is a long shot... But A guy has got to try.

So at the NWBA conference I bought half of a set of Yater swage blocks. I bought the one because a friend of mine knew where the other block was and thought I could get it bought. So long story short I sent the guy who supposed to have the matching block a check, had a friend pick it up on his way to Seattle... And yesterday I find that the block I bought is not the match but just an old swage block... Very disappointing... Anyway I would very much like to have the mate to mine... I have the one with the wide taper and spoon swage... I need the one with the three small tapers and the larger half rounds... I would pay good money ($400?) for it if I could get it shipped reasonable...

I wouldn't expect someone who had both to split them up for $400. But if they just has the one I think $400 is more than fair. The set will bring $800-$1200 depending on how nice. But a lone block is not a set. Besides if it comes to it I can buy the Centaur mate at $395 new

I would need the "B" style block I have the one with the square holes and the big ditch

D@%N! At first glance I thought you had half of the set for sale and I'm looking for the match to my half! Unfortunately you have the one I want and I have the one you want. It seems we are both looking to buy, so oh well. Plus there is that whole "the entire continent between here and there" thing. Guess I'm guilty of seeing what I want to, not what's actually printed in front of me. LOL

I also have a Yater cone mandrel (not for sale), a very sweet casting smooth and true. Anyone wanting a cone should try and find one.

Reminds me of when my brother-in-law was selling some "mag" wheels. Had a nice set of four for like 500 bucks. Got a call from a guy who just wanted to buy two. Willing to pay $300, but my brother-in-law said he didn't want to break em up, thank you very much. Only other call he got was another guy who wanted to buy two! And he hadn't taken the first guys number! Doh!