I Forge Iron

Curvy Cubism?

Steve, as far as "What else..." I am done, I have a problem with not knowing when to QUIT.

Fe-Wood, it is all mild steel, 1/8 " and 16 ga. Most of it was tig welded and ground. Here's a phone photo of the shell.
post-2133-074894300 1287960553_thumb.jpgpost-2133-020191900 1287960563_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, it helps, I will post more when they happen

Thanks K.O.

I have a friend who teaches welded sculpture at the community college, I assisted with teaching the welding aspects and got to use there equipment, So; no that is not my acorn table, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, as far as "What else..." I am done, I have a problem with not knowing when to QUIT.

Fe-Wood, it is all mild steel, 1/8 " and 16 ga. Most of it was tig welded and ground. Here's a phone photo of the shell.
post-2133-074894300 1287960553_thumb.jpgpost-2133-020191900 1287960563_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, it helps, I will post more when they happen

Thanks K.O.

I have a friend who teaches welded sculpture at the community college, I assisted with teaching the welding aspects and got to use there equipment, So; no that is not my acorn table, unfortunately.

Very cool!! That must have been some good work. Now go sell it to a college for $2,500 and buy yourself a new jet-ski/plasma cutter/bandsaw/toy :D

That's how I grew my business. :)

• 1 month later...

Here's another shape that I had to purge from my mind.

Kenny,
Great work , Keep it up. Here is a link to an Australian sculptor who does similar work. Greg's work is generally as big as a tree often larger. Maybe you will find some inspiration from his work. It's most likely copywrghted but the inspiration you get won't be.
Good Luck.

www.gregjohnssculpture.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny,
Great work , Keep it up. Here is a link to an Australian sculptor who does similar work. Greg's work is generally as big as a tree often larger. Maybe you will find some inspiration from his work. It's most likely copywrghted but the inspiration you get won't be.
Good Luck.

www.gregjohnssculpture.com/

thanks for turning me on to this, I appreciate it. Mr. John does very passionate work. I did some reading about an incident of intellectual property theft. A large corporation that duplicated one of his sculptures, put it in their lobby head quarters, some one who saw his public art commission, noticed the copy when he applied for a job at the said joint. Mr john confronted the place. Won the court battle and they had to destroy it. (I can't remember where I read the article, but I think the perpetrator was Target..)

Here's a story behind one of his pieces "Mulga Bill & Neighbour " a facinating man. Thanks Chrispy
http://www.adelaiden...3-1225845143300

Steve's Welding & Blacksmithing here in Crescent City Ca
HI Kenny O -- COOL Curvy Form Thing
Like Mike Hr said if you get this way stop by !
I am part of the Jefferson Smiths of northern Ca & southern Or
theirs quite a few smiths in you're area :<) we get together every so often
@ someones shop and play with fire you're welcome to come to one of the meets !
there is also some bigger meets coming up this year @ Weaverville in Marchhttp://www.iforgeiron.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
more than 75 smith attend its a not to miss 3 days of hands on smithing & fun
send me an EM IronWolfforge13@Yahoo.com hope to meet you someday
I also love to Tig weld stuff of any metal type :<)
We need to have another meet @ the shop here soon, after the first of the year people
keep bugging me LOL :<) smiths from here - Grants Pass/Medford/Eureka/Rouge River will
more than likey attend its a one day meet sat or sun depending on best day for most of the smiths send me an EM# :)

• 2 weeks later...

Steve's Welding & Blacksmithing here in Crescent City Ca
HI Kenny O -- COOL Curvy Form Thing
Like Mike Hr said if you get this way stop by !
I am part of the Jefferson Smiths of northern Ca & southern Or
theirs quite a few smiths in you're area :<) we get together every so often
@ someones shop and play with fire you're welcome to come to one of the meets !
there is also some bigger meets coming up this year @ Weaverville in Marchhttp://www.iforgeiron.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
more than 75 smith attend its a not to miss 3 days of hands on smithing & fun
send me an EM IronWolfforge13@Yahoo.com hope to meet you someday
I also love to Tig weld stuff of any metal type :<)
We need to have another meet @ the shop here soon, after the first of the year people
keep bugging me LOL :<) smiths from here - Grants Pass/Medford/Eureka/Rouge River will
more than likey attend its a one day meet sat or sun depending on best day for most of the smiths send me an EM# :)

I have sent a couple of messages your way but no response. I hope to meet up with other smiths in the area.