I Forge Iron

Knife From Scrap

Anvil_Fire777

Hi,
I dont have alot of tools or or materials to make knives so i decided to make a "Scrap" knife. The blade is an old file I found at the scrap yard, the handle scales are a peice of old floor board split in 2, coated in bees wax, the pins are 2 bits of an old tent peg. It is full tang and shaving sharp and holds an edge great. Here is a pic, tell me what you think. post-14980-088437000 1287353254_thumb.jp

Hi,
I dont have alot of tools or or materials to make knives so i decided to make a "Scrap" knife. The blade is an old file I found at the scrap yard, the handle scales are a peice of old floor board split in 2, coated in bees wax, the pins are 2 bits of an old tent peg. It is full tang and shaving sharp and holds an edge great. Here is a pic, tell me what you think. post-14980-088437000 1287353254_thumb.jp

Not bad. How did you heat treat it?

How appropriate to take a few pieces of discarded materials from the trash, invest a little knowledge, effort and time to turn them into something not only useful but of good quality and fine looks.

You gets BIG attaboy from me!

Frosty the Lucky.