I Forge Iron

Calibrated Eyeball

Donaven

Hey Phil,
it was all skill with Dad, no tricks. His first job was with Sibley(sp?)lumber in Detroit. The first day was spent unloading a boxcar full of planks, sizing by eye. I asked him one day how far the TV was from where we were at the table. He looked, and said 24'. I measured it with a tape measure @ 24' 4". He also showed me how to measure down to a thou, or two using a standard 6" machinist's scale. Not that hard once you get the basics down.

Besides being a machinist he was also known for the beautiful wood carvings he did. He was a highly skilled craftsman in many mediums.

My Dad was an amazing man, in many ways, and he left a huge hole in my life when he passed.

Hey Phil,
it was all skill with Dad, no tricks. His first job was with Sibley(sp?)lumber in Detroit. The first day was spent unloading a boxcar full of planks, sizing by eye. I asked him one day how far the TV was from where we were at the table. He looked, and said 24'. I measured it with a tape measure @ 24' 4". He also showed me how to measure down to a thou, or two using a standard 6" machinist's scale. Not that hard once you get the basics down.

Besides being a machinist he was also known for the beautiful wood carvings he did. He was a highly skilled craftsman in many mediums.

My Dad was an amazing man, in many ways, and he left a huge hole in my life when he passed.

I'm even more impressed.

Phil

I thought I'd do better than I did, 12. 16, but then again it's kind of hard to do on this new monitor I got last week after my old one bellied up. I couldn't find a square one that was cheap so my wife bought me a new HD one that is 23" wide so everything is really distorted. There are no longer any circles, only ellipses, it easier to read though. :unsure:
I think I'll try it on my son's computer, he has a more traditional shaped monitor. ;)

I thought I'd do better than I did, 12. 16, but then again it's kind of hard to do on this new monitor I got last week after my old one bellied up. I couldn't find a square one that was cheap so my wife bought me a new HD one that is 23" wide so everything is really distorted. There are no longer any circles, only ellipses, it easier to read though. :unsure:
I think I'll try it on my son's computer, he has a more traditional shaped monitor. ;)

Sounds like you need to set your monitor properties to match your new hardware. Circles should still be circles regardless of the resolution...

Phil

Like most things computer related I ain't going to try to fix it, I'd just make it much worse than it is! Anvils sure do look funny though and skinny woman look down right fat, it is humorous at times and aggravating at others. I am going to accept it as is and keep my blood pressure down. I ain't ever going to try posting a picture again, dang near had a stroke and my wife had to hide the shotgun so what do think would happen if I tried to fix this circle thing, sudden death for sure. You all would miss me. :lol:

Like most things computer related I ain't going to try to fix it, I'd just make it much worse than it is! Anvils sure do look funny though and skinny woman look down right fat, it is humorous at times and aggravating at others. I am going to accept it as is and keep my blood pressure down. I ain't ever going to try posting a picture again, dang near had a stroke and my wife had to hide the shotgun so what do think would happen if I tried to fix this circle thing, sudden death for sure. You all would miss me. :lol:

Ask your son to look at it. I bet he'll have it fixed in a few minutes.
Phil

I had him look at it and he said something about my computer being so old that the drivers he downloaded are not compatible with my "bus"(did I get on the wrong bus?) or something like that and my video card is outdated for this HD screen. I just got to live with what I got. I'd trade with him for his square monitor but MOM says "No way, live with it!", so here I sit with squashed circles. However I did get a 4.56 today, that's some better. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm
I did it twice and got 5.5 in 146.16. both times :blink: I got ones in convergance, circle centering and line midpoint.

Seems right considering what I do for a living :blink:

My worst was triangle centering at 9.4. Can't remember the last time I had to do that :P