I Forge Iron

Back from NEBA Conference

We had a great trip. The group in the Northeast have a great gathering to share their blacksmithing info twice a year. Ashoken is a beautiful place in the mountains and due to some backwater issues will be moving to higher ground with new buildings. The food was great, the people were great, everyone showed a lot of interest, this is an inspiration to us all, and Brian put on a great demo. They have a lot of talented people up there. The tailgating was going on and the tools sell much cheaper up there than they do here. Everything was great and I would like to go back one day. Here are some pics, http://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/NEBAConference#

Thank you all for making the trip as enjoyable as it was.
Brian and Karen, thank you for allowing me to participate. :D

We had a great trip. The group in the Northeast have a great gathering to share their blacksmithing info twice a year. Ashoken is a beautiful place in the mountains and due to some backwater issues will be moving to higher ground with new buildings. The food was great, the people were great, everyone showed a lot of interest, this is an inspiration to us all, and Brian put on a great demo. They have a lot of talented people up there. The tailgating was going on and the tools sell much cheaper up there than they do here. Everything was great and I would like to go back one day. Here are some pics, http://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/NEBAConference#

Thank you all for making the trip as enjoyable as it was.
Brian and Karen, thank you for allowing me to participate. :D

You are very welcome, Lyle. You can participate like that, anytime. I'd call that work, and we could not have done it without you. Thank you!

We had a great time at the conference. It was a beautiful setting with excellent food and accomodations. we met alot of IFI people, like, smithingman, ofafeather, and smithy1. I kept asking about Sam Salvati, and someone finally said he had truck problems and couldn't make it. I also kept trying to meet smithy1 because he had a great display of his work in the gallery. I was busy as usual and didn't know it when I met him. He walked up and gave me a brand new flatter. He didn't want anything for it, but I had Karen give him whatever he wanted. I found out later that he gave Patricia and Karen those last two faces in LDW's link.

Smithy1, send me your adress and I'll send you a hammer for doing the kind of work you do. I saw your video on making faces, and if I would have known that was you that gave me the flatter, I would have given you a repousse' hammer I had in my bucket. Thanks for the faces, and keep up the good work! Brian

Looks like you guys had a great time out there, and a productive demo as well, thanks LDW for the pictures.
We had a great time at octoberfest last weekend, but there was not much in the way of smithing at the demo, good info but not much forging.

Lyle,

Fantastic pictures! It was really great meeting you and Brian. I really learned a lot watching you guys work. Here are some other pictures from the event. http://picasaweb.google.com/Scootinov/NEBA?feat=directlink

Thanks again.

Eric