A tool rest for the forge;
_MG_9746_1830.jpg

A leaf
_MG_9738_1822.jpg

A drawer handle I made yesterday
_MG_9736_1820.jpg

Some simple hooks and 2 leaves
_MG_9752_1836.jpg

Not a lot, but I'm still working the steel. Trying to get used to what the hot metal is doing under the hammer. Building stuff out of structural steel is what I'm used to. so making stuff out of stock is a little trickier.

Jeff

Very nice, I am a tad concerned about your little helper you made your the forge. Depending on what you are going to hold, it could cause the forge to lean and possibly flip. Maybe you should add a drop down leg for the odd occasion that you are working with heavy stock.

Very nice, I am a tad concerned about your little helper you made your the forge. Depending on what you are going to hold, it could cause the forge to lean and possibly flip. Maybe you should add a drop down leg for the odd occasion that you are working with heavy stock.

The forge is surprisingly stable, right now we aren't using any stock very big. That was a concern when I built it also. I am planning on making a seperate stock roller/stand.

See what you could have gone home with Chuck? LOL

Looking good Jeff. Your brain will learn what to do with the hammer to get the effect you're after the more you exercise both eye and hands. Practice with an eye to cause and effect is what I'm talking about.

I was going to mention the possibility of overbalancing your forge with the helper but that's addressed already. I have a slide out helper on my forge AND a free standing adjustable one made from one I picked up at a garage sale made by Sears that used to have rolls on it. The rollers ended up on adjustable stands and are used on my cutoff saw and drill press.

It's hard to have too many helpers . . . that don't ask questions that is.;)

Frosty the Lucky.

Looking good, Jeff. Try to draw out the stem of your leaf and make a hook to hold a key ring. Also, while it is still black hot, rub with a brass tooth brush. Leaves a nice brass colored finish. When it cools, hit it with a quick spray of clear coat. :D
http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/Curly_George/?action=view&current=BlacksmithItems039.jpg

Looking good, Jeff. Try to draw out the stem of your leaf and make a hook to hold a key ring. Also, while it is still black hot, rub with a brass tooth brush. Leaves a nice brass colored finish. When it cools, hit it with a quick spray of clear coat. :D
http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/Curly_George/?action=view&current=BlacksmithItems039.jpg

Very nice, I like that idea. I just happen to have some keyrings laying around too. Thanks for the tip.