I Forge Iron

OOOOOLD Stake Anvil

Okay : You guys win----I'm giving up posting here!!!!!!!!I tried to edit and remove two accidental posts. On "EDIT" I expected a simple "DELETE" Posting button??? I know I'm not a computer geek but I am a fairly educated user......... Goodby

Sorry for the ranting in previous sentence from last night.We brought a close relative home from hospital to die and I was trying to get a little escape by going to the computer. Didn't work.Guess I'm human after all.....

I got this old stake anvil the other day. Neat little thing. Top forge welded to stake. Collar poorly welded to stake. The stand is as interesting as the anvil. Looks like it was made by a wheelwright.I'll probably donate to a museum somewhere after I look at it for a while. I'm going to try to post pictures,but as much as I love this site it is the WORST to try and post pictures on!post-5278-016793100 1279516847_thumb.jpg

I got this old stake anvil the other day. Neat little thing. Top forge welded to stake. Collar poorly welded to stake. The stand is as interesting as the anvil. Looks like it was made by a wheelwright.I'll probably donate to a museum somewhere after I look at it for a while. I'm going to try to post pictures,but as much as I love this site it is the WORST to try and post pictures on!post-5278-016793100 1279516847_thumb.jpg

If you go to the Blacksmith Discussion area and click on this same title you will find my pictures.....Whew

post-5278-062960800 1279516506_thumb.jpg

post-5278-094839700 1279516586_thumb.jpg

post-5278-025262700 1279516761_thumb.jpg

post-5278-098996000 1279516800_thumb.jpg

Eric:

We all need to vent occasionally don't worry about it. You are right though, this isn't the easiest forum to post, edit or delete pics on.

WE have broad shoulders use them when you need em, think of us as family.
Peace brother,

Frosty the Lucky.

Frosty: Tried to send you an email this evening but it said "person can't receive messages". So I'll just put it here. I saw on the prayer list today what you have been through!Thanks for being kind about my ranting post yesterday..... I put a post on Prayer List this evening. Any of you who can help-I'd appreciate it. I'm out here alone holding down the fort while my wife,her brothers and my little daughter,Maggie Rose, are with wife's mom,Margaret, for her last days. I am neither tough nor a hero and I was just simply beside myself last night.... thanks, Eric Sprado

Frosty: Tried to send you an email this evening but it said "person can't receive messages". So I'll just put it here. I saw on the prayer list today what you have been through!Thanks for being kind about my ranting post yesterday..... I put a post on Prayer List this evening. Any of you who can help-I'd appreciate it. I'm out here alone holding down the fort while my wife,her brothers and my little daughter,Maggie Rose, are with wife's mom,Margaret, for her last days. I am neither tough nor a hero and I was just simply beside myself last night.... thanks, Eric Sprado

Everybody's life has rough spots, none of us is immune. I'll add you and your family to the prayer list here. Strength, bravery, heroism, and such isn't not being weak, afraid, or being able to save everyone. It's about carrying on, facing the hard things and doing what you can. Being tough isn't not letting things get to you, tough is keeping at it. Next time you feel a need to rant just go ahead, we can take it.;) Heck, we've all been there one way or another.

Sorry Eric, I have the IM function turned off on all the fora I'm on, enabling them seemed to increase my spamload all out of reason. I'll try shooting you a message with my Edress or post it here if that doesn't work.

Frosty the Lucky.