I Forge Iron

a few new things

hello all! sorry havn't taken the time to post in the last bit. ppl are posting some really nice stuff of late :) here is some stuff i have been working on. its some randome stuff i've made over the past month for my self and others. the scroll things are cabinet headers for my kitchen, there are about 8 more of those to come. i made the froe for a guy, it works good for a light weight,its made from spring. the garden claw is a forge welded bundle with a comfy handle that fits in your palm, heavy duty for the hardcore gardener. i made 2 of them and gave one to one such person :) 2 spoon augers (withgout holder)one is 1/2" in and the other is 3/4" i just made a quick holder to try them befor i went ahead and built a nice one and they work real nice, sharpenning them was tricky though, to flat it bites to much ,to round it bites to little.lastly, a plant hanger made to be fixed to a wall or a pole via 2 brackets, the brackets are not shown in the pic, the sqhare sides are 16" long up and down. anyway thats all i got for now, wish i had more time to be out there but with work and being half dead at the end of the day i can muster no more than a wimper lol. tell me what you think.

post-7346-092052100 1279051686_thumb.jpg

post-7346-012872400 1279051712_thumb.jpg

post-7346-037323300 1279051714_thumb.jpg

post-7346-076263500 1279051716_thumb.jpg

post-7346-028587400 1279051718_thumb.jpg

post-7346-033888100 1279052392_thumb.jpg

Some nice looking stuff there, but a question on the bracket, I know you have two other brackets to secure it to the wall and I assume you know how you are going to secure it, could you explain how you are going to do this?

Whenever I make wall brackets with a similar function to this, I nearly always use a wide backplate and rivet the scrolls to it rather than collar them (See the one made on our metal joining course at Blacksmith Guild UK in forum)that way the bracket sits flat to the wall and it would be good to see an alternative method that works well

lol! see thats why i cant leave to long, i miss all this good stuff :)

JB: yeah i thought about useing rivets,sadly only after i was done lol. i made two U like brackets with a lip on eather side , they are a little shorter than the stock so that when i put the lag bolts thrue they will tieghten their hold on the hanger. there will be a little gap between the wall and the hanger but thats ok, it was my first one. i think im gonna do like you said and use rivets in the future.