I Forge Iron

My new Tong from Germany

De St Uby

Just one more reply from me-about the design of the chambers. They were designed and built by Mercedes. We don't drive them... That's all from me on this thread. Let's get back to blacksmithing....

That's quite scary to know ......... they were built for PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your answers to all, but never I would have thought of fascinating so many people with my old tongs.
I just wanted to share my collector's enjoyment, and to testify of a tool of this period (1937 - thus before the war) relatively rare nowadays.

A complete "transportable forge" (?) of any army of the world, has to be worth quite a lot of money I think ( Value of collection ), but I have only this tongs.

Sorry to not be very blacksmith oriented but I could not leave this alone.

ric sprado
Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:19 PM
Just one more reply from me-about the design of the chambers. They were designed and built by Mercedes. We don't drive them... That's all from me on this thread. Let's get back to blacksmithing....

Eric please get your facts straight before making an emotionally charged statement such as this. :( I hope you don't drive a Ford or GM ,use Krupps coffee maker (true makers of gas chambers) or take Bayer asprin, drink Coka-cola.... The war has been over a long time. For those interested in history though Israel Truth Times http://israeltruthtimes.blogspot.com/2010/05/is-that-all-at-any-rate-good-place-to.html or more here the awful truth

I in no way condone the terrible acts of Nazi germany that happened in the past. I think it important to know what actually happened so we as a people do not make the same mistakes again.

De St Uby,
Congats on your purchase of historic tongs.

Rob, Mercedes Benz 190E owner :)