I Forge Iron

Anvil spotted in Kitchener Ontario - Attention all Smiths

This goes out to all the Ontario, Western Quebec and Northern New York smiths (and anyone else if you're willing to travel or pay shipping).

Spotted a 500lb anvil in Kitchener, Ontario on Kijiji [ http://kitchener.kij...QAdIdZ205628643 ]
Couldn't quite make out the brand but the price was pretty good $2.00/lb. So if anyone has $1000.00 and is shopping for a 500lb anvil, check it out.

Sam

BTW - can any of the anvil-aficionados on the list make out this anvil brand and tell us anything about it?

It appears to be a complete Blacker Power hammer. The hammer is just over the center of the anvil, and has a nameplate, plus the anvil is marked blacker power hammer co. Look at the video, then look at the anvil in the pic, you can see the hammer better.

Nothing inspires me more than seeing a big anvil. If I ever discovered an anvil bigger than mine, I might have to be institutionalized for anvil envy syndrome. In my shop, I have a near-perfect 700 lb. hay budden. In several days I am going to post pictures in this website of my big anvil. I have been a tool manufacturer for decades, manufacturing slate shingle rippers, masonry tools, caulking irons for wooden ships, as well as many other tools. I have decided that I am going to teach a seminar in basic blacksmithing in my shop, in NORTHEASTERN Pennsylvania. These will be weekend sessions, and I am going to charge $199.00 per pupil, up to five at a time. My shop is fully equipped with triphammers and large anvils, as well as two large coal forges. I served a five year apprenticeship with a Russian blacksmith who was the forge shop foreman at the Moscow Locomotive Works. If you have any questions, email me at stampmanstuart@juno.com. Nice to see such a wonderful website devoted to forging!

Nothing inspires me more than seeing a big anvil. If I ever discovered an anvil bigger than mine, I might have to be institutionalized for anvil envy syndrome. In my shop, I have a near-perfect 700 lb. hay budden. In several days I am going to post pictures in this website of my big anvil. I have been a tool manufacturer for decades, manufacturing slate shingle rippers, masonry tools, caulking irons for wooden ships, as well as many other tools. I have decided that I am going to teach a seminar in basic blacksmithing in my shop, in NORTHEASTERN Pennsylvania. These will be weekend sessions, and I am going to charge $199.00 per pupil, up to five at a time. My shop is fully equipped with triphammers and large anvils, as well as two large coal forges. I served a five year apprenticeship with a Russian blacksmith who was the forge shop foreman at the Moscow Locomotive Works. If you have any questions, email me at stampmanstuart@juno.com. Nice to see such a wonderful website devoted to forging!

Look up Ray Davis in Texas. Built a 5280 lb anvil(largest anvil) Calls it the mile anvil. Which institute
would ya like? LMAO.
Ken.