I Forge Iron

Holiday Items

Okay, generally every year I turn out "holiday items" for the holiday season. They are generally quick, easy, and in expensive. The trouble is that they are not generally related to any specific holiday, religious, secular, or those that ain't too sure.

I am open for ideas, actually, humbly asking for Christmas/Yule ideas so I can get started next month.

A Cross, Star of David or other religeous symbol would be appropriate on Memorial day.

Labor day might call for a . . . . back scratcher?:blink:

A flag pole would be good for July 4th.

Frosty the Lucky.

So Frosty,what do you recommend for groundhog day?A somewhat larger scale squirrel cooker perhaps? ;)
How about a handmade crosscut saw for arbor day. :(
A pair of brass knuckles for boxing day. :o
A forged fire hydrant for the dog days of summer :unsure:

From what I`ve seen and heard,unless you`re talking about clothes for the season or decorations for the holidays,the trick is to come up with something that someone will use all year long.
I know those are the kind of gifts I appreciate most.

So Frosty,what do you recommend for groundhog day?A somewhat larger scale squirrel cooker perhaps? ;)
How about a handmade crosscut saw for arbor day. :(
A pair of brass knuckles for boxing day. :o
A forged fire hydrant for the dog days of summer :unsure:

From what I`ve seen and heard,unless you`re talking about clothes for the season or decorations for the holidays,the trick is to come up with something that someone will use all year long.
I know those are the kind of gifts I appreciate most.

ARBOR DAY!?!:o You think I celebrate arbors? Oh Bob you're a meany you are! I'm thinking a perfect arbor day gift would be a REALLY STRONG helmet and a wood stove! You could use those all year. yes? ;)

Re-reading your post has me wondering if groundhogs in your neighborhood are really large scaly squirrels. I'd LOVE to see a pic!

Frosty the Lucky.

Okay, generally every year I turn out "holiday items" for the holiday season. They are generally quick, easy, and in expensive. The trouble is that they are not generally related to any specific holiday, religious, secular, or those that ain't too sure.

I am open for ideas, actually, humbly asking for Christmas/Yule ideas so I can get started next month.

ARBOR DAY!?!:o You think I celebrate arbors? Oh Bob you're a meany you are! I'm thinking a perfect arbor day gift would be a REALLY STRONG helmet and a wood stove! You could use those all year. yes? ;)

Re-reading your post has me wondering if groundhogs in your neighborhood are really large scaly squirrels. I'd LOVE to see a pic!

Frosty the Lucky.

Up here they call them whistle pigs.While it may look like pork it tastes kinda like chicken.
Groundhogs,they`re not just for breakfast anymore! :D

The ones you really have to watch out for are the fishers.I believe they would just as soon have US for breakfast.Badgers run a close second though.
Don`t think wearing a helmet(even a really strong one) would help when dealing with either of those two critters.
Now that I think of it a badger would be a perfect gift for one or two people I know.Now I have to figure out how to wrap them.

Christmas- ornaments, cookie cutters, letter/card opener,sleigh/hand bells

Valentines day-roses/flowers, heart pins

Thanksgiving-napkin rings, ax :rolleyes:,

Halloween-pumpkin carving set, candle holders for the Jack-O -Lantern

Mother's Day-forged jewelery,flowers

Father's Day-money clip, belt buckle

Veterans/Memorial Day- flag holder, mini flag stands

Easter-eggs, rabbit rotisserie :P, garden/yard decorations

St. Patrick's Day- 4 leaf clovers

4th of July- Flag items, stars

If the items are not too specific for a holiday they can be used year round. A lot of people don't have much room to store seasonal items, so something that can be left out, or used year round will probably have more appeal. The yard art items could be anything from forged bugs that get set on the ground to items that are on a post that gets stuck in the ground. Simply made with basic materials.

Christmas- ornaments, cookie cutters, letter/card opener,sleigh/hand bells

Valentines day-roses/flowers, heart pins

Thanksgiving-napkin rings, ax :rolleyes:,

Halloween-pumpkin carving set, candle holders for the Jack-O -Lantern

Mother's Day-forged jewelery,flowers

Father's Day-money clip, belt buckle

Veterans/Memorial Day- flag holder, mini flag stands

Easter-eggs, rabbit rotisserie :P, garden/yard decorations

St. Patrick's Day- 4 leaf clovers

4th of July- Flag items, stars

If the items are not too specific for a holiday they can be used year round. A lot of people don't have much room to store seasonal items, so something that can be left out, or used year round will probably have more appeal. The yard art items could be anything from forged bugs that get set on the ground to items that are on a post that gets stuck in the ground. Simply made with basic materials.

Thanks bigundr! I posted mine afore your post showed up!