I Forge Iron

Nevermore

That should fetch a great price! What is the top made of?

The top is oak that has been preserved in the bog in a non oxygenated atmosphere and would be anything between 5000 to 7000 years old. More than likely a part of the root of the tree due to the texture. Lovely material.

The top is oak that has been preserved in the bog in a non oxygenated atmosphere and would be anything between 5000 to 7000 years old. More than likely a part of the root of the tree due to the texture. Lovely material.

That is way cool My Rosary beads are made out of bog wood too.

Very nice looking piece, what is the material & finish that you used? Rob

Material is Bog Oak, Black Granite and Bronze. The Oak was left air drying for 18 month and treated with linseed oil.
The Bronze was laquered and stone was brushed in water.
Thanks for the comments.

Very interesting, I like it. How did you come across the bog oak? Did you dig out the oak yourself from the bog? I have a couple of fossils my wife and I found in Eastern Oregon. We used a geologist hammer I made in my blacksmith shop! Anyway, I plan to use the fossils in some sort of metal sculpture. Just have to come up with a design first. <_<

Very interesting, I like it. How did you come across the bog oak? Did you dig out the oak yourself from the bog? I have a couple of fossils my wife and I found in Eastern Oregon. We used a geologist hammer I made in my blacksmith shop! Anyway, I plan to use the fossils in some sort of metal sculpture. Just have to come up with a design first. <_<

Thats right I dug it out, it was originally a much larger piece and I took my time before I introduced it to the saw.