I Forge Iron

Adjustable candle stand

I have been learning to forge for about a year and a half. This is my first attempt at a colonial period adjustable candle stand. I am pleased with the finished product, but would like some more opinions. What do you think?

Hi Jerry.

post-13004-12715152052259_thumb.jpg

LRF,
absolutely terrible. As I happen to be one of the few newbie smiths that are willing to hide others terrible mistakes, you could just send it to me (don't bother putting your touchmark on that piece) and I will make sure nobody that lives around you will ever see it (where DO you live, by the way? - update your profile)

Actually, very nice for a first attempt. Now what you have to do is make another almost just like it to prove that it wasn't beginners luck, and so you can have one to keep and one to sell/give away.

welcome here and to this painfully addictive art/craft

Thanks for looking, guys. The guy that I am learning from says making one good project is o.k. Making the next dozen look like the first one is the real test of your ability. I'll let you know.