I Forge Iron

Old Locks

There is a book on making locks and padlocks but at the moment I cannot remember which smithing group over in America sold it.
You can also try some of the umba dvds with Tom Latanne ( sorry if I spelt the name wrong)

There is a "Spruce Forge Manual of Locksmithing". For review see http://www.oldlocks.com/book_reviews/Spruce_Forge/locksmithing.htm. I have a copy, but I have only glanced it through. There are a lot of step-by-step drawings in it.

Yes, "The Spruce Forge Manual of Locksmithing" is a good one. It's full of step by step instructions and diagrams. I cannot remember where I bought my copy from though.

The ISBN number is 0-615-11822-4. Written by Bill Morrison and Denis Frechette. Copyright 1999.

Sukellos, Liked those Youtube videos very much! Dogs, chickens and the kid in the smithy too, working with the old man, way to go, just like in the days of yore in the US, learned your craft form the old man. Do think that they could have found him a bigger hammer? I would like to see the innards of one of the locks though. <_<