I Forge Iron

Hello from Nashville, In

IHTD340

I am new to this site and love working with my hands on my days off. I am looking to build my blacksmith shop soon and get out from the elements. I have been looking for a hand crank forge blower so any help would be great. I am also interested in Japanese style hammers and europion style hammers. If you have any for sale or know were I can get them at a good price...talk to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the group
The Indiana Blacksmiths IBA
are having there anual conference in June ap Tipton (I think)
Check the afiliate listing for there web page
Usually some blacksmith equipment for sale there
Also they are a great bunch of people

Just in case you didn't find it yet the IBA site is at http://www.indianablacksmithing.org/

Yip, the annual conference is in Tipton in June, and there will be some tailgating going on, where they're bound to be selling a few blowers.

It looks like the closest satellite group for you is Johnson County, which is not a large group, but Tim Metz is a good blacksmith.

Note too that the "japanese hammers" are pretty much the same as what the cutlers used in Sheffield England in the 19th century and also by saw tuners here in the USA until recently.

I hope finding out that they are all european style hammers doesn't discourage you any.

If you are interested in bladesmithing Macabee Knives is having a hammer-in near Columbus OH in Mid June:

Macabee Knives Hammer-In & BBQ

June 18-20, 2010

Our third annual hammer in looks to be even bigger and better than last year.

It doesn’t matter if you are new to knife making just interested in knife making or have been doing it since you knew what a knife was There is something for every experience level

. The event will be held at 3010 Mink St NW, Johnstown, OH 43031

The demonstrators so far this year will be.

- Kim Thomas - Bronze Casting

- Jeremiah Young - Cable Damascus

- Ted Banning - Mosaic Damascus

- Eric Nelson - High end Japanese Fittings & Making a Cutting Stand

- Lon Humphrey. – Heat Treating with Hamons

- Leather Sheaths

- Columbus Chapter of the Schola Saint George - Western Martial Arts: a Demonstration of 1400's Italian Longsword combat

- Jeremiah Young & Eric Bruner - Forging Hammers.

- David DelaGardelle & Andy Davis from Mad Dwarf Workshop - Carving and Decorative Work

- Brian Shaw - Knife Law

And More…

Bring your tools and smithing equipment for sale.

Posh Nosh Catering will have food for sale on sight. The BBQ will be Saturday night and will be a potluck so please bring something to share.

The event this year will include cutting demonstrations on Friday night with both sword and knife Mike Alexander and Eric Nelson will be putting on the demo. We will also host a cutting competition. Knives for the competition must have a blade length of no more than 10”. They must have a lanyard and must be custom made.

Bring your musical instruments for a round the bonfire Saturday night

Camping is aloud there is plenty of room...

The fee is $25.00 for the whole weekend or $10.00 per day.

Hope to see you there.

Adlai Stein.

Macabee Knives

614-370-6228

[email protected]

http://www.macabeeknives.com