I Forge Iron

Little Giant 50# for Sale

How is it there are so many cheap power hammers floating around the left coast?
Weren`t we the folks who stayed here and used them to build things while you guys were circling the wagons somewhere west of here?

Seeing all these hammers selling at just about scrap prices is killing me!
$800-OBO?You`ll spend more than that building a tire hammer!
I gotta go lay down now.

I don't think it matters what coast you're on, it's just the economy and the fact that a whole bunch of us that started doing this in the 70's and 80's are at the point of life where something has got to give. The wife wants to downsize or the old man has up and died and the kids are finding that what they thought would be a fun thing to do isn't all that much fun or cheap to do on a fast food salary so the big machine goes up for sale OBO. Young folk just out of college with a BFA or MFA are finding the Art market very picky about what they are buying so the big machine goes up for sale. And finally they are finding that if there is something wrong with it how in blue blazes do I pour a new set of bearing or install new clutch material? It is sure getting me down I know. Times there are a changing. :(

I don't think it matters what coast you're on, it's just the economy and the fact that a whole bunch of us that started doing this in the 70's and 80's are at the point of life where something has got to give. The wife wants to downsize or the old man has up and died and the kids are finding that what they thought would be a fun thing to do isn't all that much fun or cheap to do on a fast food salary so the big machine goes up for sale OBO. Young folk just out of college with a BFA or MFA are finding the Art market very picky about what they are buying so the big machine goes up for sale. And finally they are finding that if there is something wrong with it how in blue blazes do I pour a new set of bearing or install new clutch material? It is sure getting me down I know. Times there are a changing. sad.gif

I'm on a real horns of a dilema with that one. It's good that tools are cheap but its a real b****r the reasons why. I don't know the guys on your side of the pond but I've got real healthy respect for the pioneers from the 70/80's over here. There's time I don't know I was born what with the internet, mobile phones etc etc.

How is it there are so many cheap power hammers floating around the left coast?
Weren`t we the folks who stayed here and used them to build things while you guys were circling the wagons somewhere west of here?

Seeing all these hammers selling at just about scrap prices is killing me!
$800-OBO?You`ll spend more than that building a tire hammer!
I gotta go lay down now.

Move over Bob, Can't afford the shipping or the fuel.
Can't even find any 25lb hammer close enough at a price like that.
Used to get up to Bangor inna 60-70s. Am an OLD Conn Yankee.
Ken

There is a little giant 50# trip hammer on Craig's List, Ventura County, California. It looks to be taken apart but comes with a motor. $800.00 or OBO

Hey Dave

I looked at craigslist in ventura county and was un able to find this post. Can I get some more info? pictures dies? Aprox. weight ? I live in northern california.

Dick Poeske
916-396-1496
1augustdp@gmail.com