I Forge Iron

Hammer In

Hey I was just trying to find out if there were any hammer in's going on in the washington or idaho area this month or the next, theres not to many blacksmiths up in this area, and been looking for a little bit of good learning. If anyone knows of anything going on let me know thanks.

Angus, havn't heard of anything coming up soon. However there is usually a hammer in flyer on the table at the CDA muzzleloading gunshow the weekend of the 20-21st. I'll post up dates if there is one there this year. or, here is the shameless plug and just for full disclosure Me and my folks put on the show, stop by and say hi :)
Chris

Angus,

I have searched my resources to see if I knew of any blacksmiths in your area.

Athol, Idaho as you know is quite a ways up into the pan handle, and I have not heard of much activity up there.

I trained with Nahum Hersom who is located in Boise, Idaho. He teaches Repoussé.

But I never found anyone else who is active in the area.

Sounds like you will have to be the one to get things started in your neck of the woods.

We used to have a feature on this site that would list all of the blacksmith organizations and the areas they were located in.

Hopefully it will re-appear when the new main page is completed.

I wish I was able to give you a hand. But I just found that my arm is not long enough. rolleyes.gif

The best to you!

Ted Throckmorton

Do a google search for the following

Inland Northwest Blacksmith Association
Northwest Blacksmith Association
Fort Vancouver Trades Guild
Northwest Sole Occupation Blacksmiths Association

There may be other groups, and some individual blacksmiths that have local meetings.

Angus have you met Pawnee? He is in Blanchard I don't think he is smithing full time anymore but I think he is on here from time to time. Now have we met before, we have done the show for quite awhile now. Anyway if you make it over stop by and introduce yourself I'm Chris Roberts we are Mountain top trading and have the large booth just to the left inside the door, just not the old guy thats my dad :).

some iron work there not sure what other blacksmith's might show right now besides church mouse he does some nice camp sets and cooking utinsels.
Chris

Glenn thanks for the ideas I'll use them too, the inland group I hadn't seen yet and I am only 80 miles from the contact listed I emailed him and it is a dead email:( the others for me are a ways away hopefully I can get to the west side for some events but it is 300+ miles and a mountain pass so winter can be interesting :)

Angus have you met Pawnee? He is in Blanchard I don't think he is smithing full time anymore but I think he is on here from time to time. Now have we met before, we have done the show for quite awhile now. Anyway if you make it over stop by and introduce yourself I'm Chris Roberts we are Mountain top trading and have the large booth just to the left inside the door, just not the old guy thats my dad :).

some iron work there not sure what other blacksmith's might show right now besides church mouse he does some nice camp sets and cooking utinsels.
Chris

Ya Chris I have met Pawnee a few years back at a hammer in taught me some good things. I will go to the show and say hi I look forward to it thanks for the help. And Glenn thanks for the info I will check them out.