I Forge Iron

Archetectural Wrought Iron quaility?

Hi there,
Just a couple of questions/thoughts. When you say architectural iron can you describe what is it exactly. The best thing I have found with unknown quatity iron is forge some test pieces. I don't know how much wrought iron you have forged, but the most important thing for me is forging at the proper temperatures. I start at a white heat then more importantly stop at a medium orange. This has helped me to stop the splitting apart problem. Good luck, Mark

I have found some wrought iron but it is archetectural wrought iron and im afraid its not refined enough for forging into smaller pieces. Whats your take on archetectural wrought iron?

If it is architectural wrought iron it has already been forged, so the quality should be reasonable, I would think you have some form of cast architectural iron, and that is a whole different material!

I have found some wrought iron but it is archetectural wrought iron and im afraid its not refined enough for forging into smaller pieces. Whats your take on archetectural wrought iron?

If it is a low grade wrought iron then refine it some more then by more forging, fold reweld and forge some more.