I Forge Iron

NC area help

Hey guys, the Triangle chapter of NCABANA is meeting this coming first saturday of february at 0930, in Hillsborough. The address is 5604 Dairyland Road, Hillsborough
come on by. we are scheduled to make a bunch of nail headers then work on nails. not sure what else. If you do come, bring some 1/4 inch square stock for nail making, if you have any.

hope to see you there

• 5 months later...

I too live in the piedmont area, just south of greensboro. Send me an e-mail and Ill give ya my phone#.

Sorry to not get back with you before now but I saty pretty busy and am still learning how to navigate this site. My name is Mike and I live in Whitsett. Give me a call sometime 336-516-8099

welcome aboard Skinnysmith, glad to have ya.

There is a pretty good sized and active smithing community in your general vecinity. Heck Elmer Roache(sp?) and Lynda Metcalf live in the Brasstown area. They're getting written up in the Anvil's Ring for a recent incredibly beautiful railing and banister they made and installed.

Frosty the Lucky.

welcome aboard Skinnysmith, glad to have ya.

There is a pretty good sized and active smithing community in your general vecinity. Heck Elmer Roache(sp?) and Lynda Metcalf live in the Brasstown area. They're getting written up in the Anvil's Ring for a recent incredibly beautiful railing and banister they made and installed.

Frosty the Lucky.

Jer, those guys are in the center of the state. Brasstown is over by the Tenn Ga corner. 6 hrs or better.
Ken.

Hey guys, the Triangle chapter of NCABANA is meeting this coming first saturday of february at 0930, in Hillsborough. The address is 5604 Dairyland Road, Hillsborough
come on by. we are scheduled to make a bunch of nail headers then work on nails. not sure what else. If you do come, bring some 1/4 inch square stock for nail making, if you have any.

hope to see you there

Is it not easier to make nails using round stock? That is the way Tom Clark taught nail making