I Forge Iron

Chopper project

Sam Salvati

• 2 months later...

Thanks Bryce!

Got the seat made today, cold incised some 1/4" plate with some stitching looking grooves, just have to do a little tinkering to fit it up a little more sturdy. Removed the rear fender, with the shorter seat the tail end looks much cooler, needs something but i am not sure what yet. Need to take a zip disc and chop off the various leftover mounts.

• 3 months later...

so far I made the seat and pig tail mount bracket, the bars, pipe, and bronze clutch cover. New tank comes next, i'm going to use an oil tank kit from bungking.com but make it look like an old pinup style bomb and add fins and stuff. People tell me "why didn't you chop a harley?" I say because I couldn't get the harley in and out of my pickup with one hand, get it on the workbench with one hand and fab things as easily and cheaply.
l_2ca9d910e6df425f93b61a18c0558f3d.jpg

l_a3541cf2c1ef46c98924ac91f5715f12.jpg

l_d245ec10f6344637b7e930c508336a8b.jpg

l_4ef7928446d347eb88d5052cd209b52f.jpg

ya awtta do the gas tank like me and a friend did on his 4wheeler. ya take 3 of those little propane tanks and cut a hole(once emptied completely of course) in the top of it(actually the side since the bottle is laying on it's side) and weld on just the top fraction of an inch of a piece of threaded steel/iron pipe on to each one and then cut down the pipe cap to fit, then drill and tap a hole in the bottom of each for a pipe fitting and connect them all together at a valve (kinda like a petcok). or you could just convert it to run on propane and use the bottles nomally and just worry about fabing a mount to hold the bottles and regulators, i helped my cousin do this with 1 of those mini crotchrocket things, but that was only with 1 bottle.

ya awtta do the gas tank like me and a friend did on his 4wheeler. ya take 3 of those little propane tanks and cut a hole(once emptied completely of course) in the top of it(actually the side since the bottle is laying on it's side) and weld on just the top fraction of an inch of a piece of threaded steel/iron pipe on to each one and then cut down the pipe cap to fit, then drill and tap a hole in the bottom of each for a pipe fitting and connect them all together at a valve (kinda like a petcok). or you could just convert it to run on propane and use the bottles nomally and just worry about fabing a mount to hold the bottles and regulators, i helped my cousin do this with 1 of those mini crotchrocket things, but that was only with 1 bottle.

If you`re looking to make something from a tank don`t forget to paste a few NOS stickers on it when you`re done.
That`ll keep `em guessing! B)

• 2 months later...