I Forge Iron

New from Ontario, Canada

Paul42`

New to metalwork & forging. Took a weekend course and caught the bug...:)
Interested in ornamental & artistic work along with more practical items like campfire & cooking accessories.

I've slowly been turning my garage into a shop and collecting tools for a while now. Just ordered myself a propane forge and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Yes... I know I could have built one but at the rate I've been going, it wasn't gonna happen too soon! :D

I'm also into vintage cast iron cookware - collecting, restoring and especially using it!

I'm just south of London, Ontario in St Thomas.

Welcome to the forum Paul. Have you Joined OABA yet? You should come on out to some meetings.

Thanks.... I joined in 2008 and attended a couple of events, but I let my membership slide for 2009. I almost(:o) volunteered for editor of the Iron Trillium, but they found someone before I had the chance... lol. Was thinking 'bout signing up again, but being recently unemployed (after 16 years with the same company), I'm counting my pennies.:)

It will likely be early to mid February. I have to order a minimum of 50 from the foundry when I have them made and I need to wait till it is getting closer to the time to ship more to Blacksmith Depot. I am picking up 50+ of the 20 lb blocks early in the new year they have them cast but will not get them ground till they get back in January. I also 6 of the 140lb trunnion blocks sitting in the shop. If you need one quickly Rob has a couple for sale.