I Forge Iron

Jim Poor Tong Video

Now that is cool! That looks like fun, I wonder how he got his wife to do that.

My wife will come outside and want to talk, but I don't think I could get her to do that. Of course, it I had a shop where she could get out of the wind, cold, and blowing snow, I think that may help. :)

That's neat, thanks for the video.

There are just neatnicks out there. I used to have a mechanic that worked on my car,Volvo. This fellow worked in white shop clothes and hardly got dirt on them. His shop was the same way, no dust, no dirt or oil on the floor, clean tools, nothing dirty. He would use shop rags to hold or handle anything dirty. His wife never came out to the shop because it's too dirty. I really don't think it's a matter of dirt or not, just the preception of it that stops them

I personally wouldn't trust my wife next to me with a sledge hammer in her hand :)

Whoa now, that's rough....I hope you don't have anything a little more "dangerous" around. :)

If most of our shops were as clean as his and clutter free maybe our wives wouldn't feel so bad about being in them.

This may be an area where our wives could add value to the workshop in helping to organize and make sense of things. How could you attract them into the shop and make it enjoyable for them? Could reap some great benefits from this......There is nothing wrong with a little order is there?

What - and lose the only sanctuary left? :D

Think of how much better the sanctuary could be.....It could be a lot of fun spending time doing something enjoyable with someone you enjoy being around....At least I hope you enjoy being in each others company, or you may as well not be married. ;)