I Forge Iron

Aloha

Zapsteel

I appreciate your welcome/response, I was wondering if you or anyone else could comment on a 300lb Isaiah Hill Anvil (English Made) that I have bought, the face and edges are in good shape ( told that is has good rebound but not a real sharp ring), Does anyone have info on Isaiah Hill anvils? Just curious, I will be posting pics upon arrival of anvil (if this site will let me post pics, no luck so far), Zapsteel! (P.S. 781 I grew up 60 mile from the Canadian border in Minnesota)

Aloha Brah!!
I was raised in Kaneohe, and Kailua, My father was born in Tripler, and My Grandma on Kaui in 1898! My wife was born in Waipahu and we have family there, it would be cool to visit a smith when I get out there, (I try to do it wherever I go), welcome Iforge bruddah! I was certified in scuba at Hanauma (1977), and have been a diver ever since.

I appreciate your aloha and would welcome you stopping by and checking out the shack where I make all the noise!!

Aloha Brah!!
I was raised in Kaneohe, and Kailua, My father was born in Tripler, and My Grandma on Kaui in 1898! My wife was born in Waipahu and we have family there, it would be cool to visit a smith when I get out there, (I try to do it wherever I go), welcome Iforge bruddah! I was certified in scuba at Hanauma (1977), and have been a diver ever since.

I'm glad someone understands the difficulty of finding anvils/hammers/equip out here, most of the time I have to pay top dollar and them pay unreal shipping, but I do it for the love of the trade and I'm very excited about starting up and sharing with you folks!! Thanks for the welcome!

There is at least one other hobby smith out in your neck of the sea as I remember his laments over the problems of finding equipment out that-a-way in the smithing forums over the years.

Aloha and thank you much for the welcome, I have made a pair of tongs ( not with my forge and anvil, still waiting for them, but still look alright), but unable to post pics on this site, I have tried jpg/gif/bmp, the last page when I try to process, says unable to support at this time, I even set my camera to the smallest Kb/email style pic, please let me know what I might being doing wrong, I would sure like to set up some of my pics, thank you in advance, Zapsteel!!

hi zapsteel look forward to seeing what youre going to make:)

yeah zapsteel i havent been able to upload for a while - not sure at all what im doing wrong the site was updated and all the techno heads in here manage fine i think but i had only just got used to the last method!! so if you work it out let me know:)

I will for sure let ya know, I thought I was pretty computer savvy but maybe not!!

yeah zapsteel i havent been able to upload for a while - not sure at all what im doing wrong the site was updated and all the techno heads in here manage fine i think but i had only just got used to the last method!! so if you work it out let me know:)

Howzit from another islander! Born and raised on the Leeward side, grad Mililani 89, left in 94 and been trying to get back ever since...
You could get in touch with Farmer Phil if he's still on O'ahu.
Very nice work on the tongs, still working on my first set I started when I took basic courses.

Dave

Always nice to hear from a local boy, Hawaii runs in my veins, it would be hard to ever move away, Give me a shout when you make it back! Thomas

Howzit from another islander! Born and raised on the Leeward side, grad Mililani 89, left in 94 and been trying to get back ever since...
You could get in touch with Farmer Phil if he's still on O'ahu.
Very nice work on the tongs, still working on my first set I started when I took basic courses.

Dave