I Forge Iron

Small engine blower

Bigcity

Ok guys my brain has been working overtime on this one
i have not made this yet but i thought it would work
i attatched a sketch on a blower mechanizem that uses the recoil starter,flywheel and or not the cranksfaft of a normal small engine or lawn mower engine its basic and i think could be modified for any forge:)
i hope this helps and i hope you can see it

18284.attach

20156.attach

Edited by bigcity

• 1 month later...

its kind of a rough drawing but its based on a rivet forge blower the one that has a lever you pump and the flat belt blower assembly the idea i had was that you could use an old crakshaft or make your own shaft for the flywheel and drive pully assembly use an old flywheel and a recoil starter with a return spring so you can pump the lever to drive the mechinizm

You can try it, but I really don't think that the recoil will take it to well. You might be changing the rope and spring to often. The crank won't be balanced so you would need to make a shaft, but that might not be bad if you can use an old flywheel as a swage to make the taper on the shaft. You might just try it and work the bugs out as you go. Also you might be thinking this way already, but I would start with the largest flywheel you can easily find like from 11-16 hp motor.