I Forge Iron

First timer, anvil id

Hello everyone I have been reading alot of the posts on here, so I thought I would check out my anvil. I came by this anvil when the wood treating plant I worked for closed about six years ago. I remember the anvil was allways in the shop, and I had been with them for over 30 years and the plant had been there for one hundred years.
I have done the cleaning and scraping to find any markings, but have found none, other than the serial numbers stamped on the left font foot facing the horn. It is 36 inch's long 14.25 inch's tall and 4.75 inch's wide on the working surface. The base is 14.5" long by 12" wide. Not sure of the weight have no way to weigh it. the numbers are 300234 I tryed the chalk, and then the oil also to try too read them better the 3 and 4 on the end are questionable. Could someone identify this maker and year? I am going to try to add photo's to this post. Thanks for any help.
not having much luck with the pics.

Edited by JM1957

might be a trenton( definetly not arguing with you Mr.powers!) butit still might be a hay budden, or a arm and hammer, but im not familiar with arm and hammers. a little familiar with trenton but ive only used it once and looked at lots. they look like hb's if you ask me. im pretty familiar with hb's though.

A lot of times Trenton had both the serial number AND the weight stamped on the front of the foot while Arm and Hammers (and Hay Buddens) usually had only the serial number stamped on the foot with the weight being stamped on the side.

The serial number provided doesn't seem to fit the scheme of HB, Trenton, or Arm and Hammer. Arm and hammer sn's never exceeded approx. 52000, Trenton never exceeded approx 225551, and Hay Budden never exceeded approx 250000 before resetting back to 1 with an 'A' prefix.

Edited by Sask Mark

All my trentons have weight on left serial on right. All my hay buddens have serial on the left.
Ken

my HB's got it on the left (serial number) on the left side also on the front foot.either way it looks like a great anvil and i envy the user. just jokin but its a good lookin one thats for sure.