I Forge Iron

Got a new camera

divermike

Been kinda bummed lately, my camera crapped out on me at quad state and have not had one to take pics of projects etc. So it's hunting season here, and 2 rochester police members pay me to hunt my 30 acres here, so I take the cash and run down to the local camera store, and boy do I come home happy. I got a 12 megapixel, digital cam, with image stabilizer and all the stuff we never figure out how to operate, and it has a pretty good zoomer on it as well, I had to buy a memory card as well, and it came to $2.50 less than what the hunters paid me. So now I'm back in business, wish I had it last saturday, we had an all hands meet in Sylvan beach, and had some good project demo's. Oh well, now I can get back to business.

Shoot full resolution, then once you get back home, crop and reduce the resolution as needed. Remember that a tripod will do more to improve your photographs than anything else you can do, other than to remove the lens cap (grin).

Depending on what you NEED to do, some are reasonably priced. Others on the other hand are a bit pricey. You need to purchase the features that you can use. Today it is a one time expense, buy the camera and there is no additional cost for film processing, everything is digital.

Bentiron, good advice from Glenn there, you don't need to spend a fortune. the camera I use for my photos is only 3 megapixals and as Glenn said, I shoot everything at the maximum resolution then use free software to reduce the file size to enable me to upload to the forum.

Cheers

Ian Ross