I Forge Iron

World Tour - Oz Update

greeting's boys and girls!

Okay, okay, I know.... everyone is wanting to know what the heck I've been up to since I landed down under so I'm taking the spare two minutes I DO have to myself today to post a quick update on all things Antipodean.

So far... I've found meself both: a) accomodation and, B) employment. I've met aproximately another 10 to 20 Part and Full time Smith's over here including (Of course) Chopper and Strine from Iforgeirons own pages and some other guys (From the A.B.A and from the historical museum at Mont De Lancy)...
I've taken a xxxx of a lot of photographs of Victoria, and Melbourne in particular. I've got shots of Chopper's forge and his various projects.... I've got shots of our trip over to meet the Boys from the A.B.A. at Bundura Park ('The Barn')...including some strange ones of Strine (the way his face blurs in a camera's view finder isn't thanks to photo shop, it's how he actually looks :)) I've got photo's of my trips over to Mont De lancy and Oskar's work-shops sessions there... I've also got shot's of my own works in progress. YUP! I'm actually getting paid by someone to Smith :D
In a few weeks time I'll be heading up towards Queensland for the 'Hot Iron Muster'... hosted by Alan Ball and his wife. I can do that because I saved my pennies and cents and bought myself a little camper van, which Uncy Chop Chop christened 'The Bumble Bee'. Now that I have accomodation AND transport sorted my next goal is to FINALLY get meself a ruddy laptop so I can try and get all the guff (Ahem! Sorry... EDUCATIONAL and INSPIRATIONAL information) into you the viewing publics sweaty palms....

All I ask is for another pair of hands and a swiss bank account...:D

So keep watching this space (it does tricks)

496.attach

Ian,

Isn't that the van I saw rolling off into the sunset down Ingrams Rd, Coldstream? (Chopper will explain.) Gee it looks like it is. Logan Village Queensland (Hot Iron Muster) is a fair ways away from Victoria. Folks, it's the same as the trip from Texas to the Canadian border, only you only travel in three states not six and there's some ripper beaches along the way if you take the coast road...Eyes front Ian!

hey bloke...

so....

when ya comin my way?

mick and i are dyin ta meet ya,,,

we need more victims....

i mean strikers :)

W.A is one mighty big HOT place bloke...

"less clothing" style country... and i got ya a special outfit :)

yer fav colour, PINK with YELLOW flowers :)

its all here waitin for when youse arrive bloke, your welcome to come and check us all out at the association an me home workshop.

just let me know when. and i'll start the forge up.

thanks bloke

from Brett aka pcII75

Hmmmm,
I've got some stuff in the pipeline as far as photo's of other Smiths workshops go, and as far as shots of my own stuff goes, well as soon as I remember to bring my camera and can get a few minutes online again I'll try and post some stuff either here or over in the gallery.

Just so you all know I'm currently looking around to get a laptop (yes I know I've said that before but I've finally saved enough money for one, I hope) which means I can work more stuff up as I go. I'm only online at the moment thanks to the good graces of Uncy Chop Chop (AKA Chopper, AKA Dale) so until I get that sorted I'm not going to bust a gut nicking all his free computer time (he uses it as well you know :))

Bear with me folks, things are coming along. In the meantime pester Glenn, AKA Ntech, he HAS got a few reports up his sleeve.... :)

By the way here's a picture of Strine demoing at Gulf Station to keep you all ticking over (told you he really did look like that ;))

EDIT:

As the proud owner of a brand new Dell Ispiron 6400 laptop (YES I BLUMMIN WELL BOUGHT ONE!!!!) I finally got round to posting some of the work I've been doing here in Oz under the guidance of Chopper over in the gallery, just look for my name. The ashtrays and fleur de lees stuff is a commission the fish tail scroll work is for a towel rail come shelf for Choppers other half ( the wonderful Sue) Hope you all like them

576.attach