I Forge Iron

my first projects

these are the first things i made that didn't end up back on my scrap pile. the s-hook is one of three. all came from one railroad spike tapered out cut to length, curled, then bent. only 2 survived. the gravity hook was made at a medieval blacksmithing demo on tent hardware. i have a lot more of these on my agenda.

17481.attach

17482.attach

17483.attach

That's a pretty even "S" hook for a beginner. I like the gravity hooks too. These days I always make it a point to do those little outward-facing curls on my hooks whenever I can. They look nice and keep the hook from poking through things that might be hanging on it - or the hands that put them there! Good work.

I haven't seen "gravity hooks" anywhere in a long time. Looks very nice there. Have you made any for round posts?

Phil

no i haven't tried to make any for round posts but that would put me in an interesting dilemma, i would need one of Yesteryear's bending jigs to do it with any precision.