I Forge Iron

eastern ontario blacksmiths

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am in eastern Ontario, I think that if a new guild were to be started it should be a sub-guild of the OABA, I know from conversations with the president of OABA Mic Smith that if we want to move some events east, it is as simple as saying "i have space to hold a meeting/demo/class" and then work with the board to organize it. I would not be interested in joining as I believe it would be cause for a whole lot of unnecessary drama and politics. 

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On september 7th to 9th there will be a demonstration and course offered at the Norwood fairgrounds, IF we get enough interest. THIS is the opportunity for everyone in this area that wants more eastern ontario meetings/demos/courses to show up.

Josh

• 7 months later...

Nothing ever came of this OABA is the only  ABANA affiliate in Ontario, this past september we had an event at the Norwood farigrounds in eastern Ontario, please feel free to message me with any questions, if you add your location to your profile you may find that there is someone within a reasonable distance you could learn from

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i`ll be just outside Kingston, in Gananoque for another year or two. anybody localish that wants to yak about smithing til the weather warms up, welcome to drop a message. maybe beat some steel then.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be an OABA meeting near Peterborough/Norwood on the second weekend of July, that's the closest we're scheduled to have in 2014.  There may be other events further on in the year as well, check the website for more details as they become available.

OABA would also be interested in helping to sponsor Eastern Ontario blacksmiths who wanted to get together for Hammer-In/Open Forge type meetings, feel free to contact me, or anyone else on the executive, for more details.  We would also be interested in any Eastern Ontario blacksmiths who were interested/willing to host an OABA event.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...