I Forge Iron

shinler hammer dead

ok men need some help. Does anyone have manuals or a link for the guts of one of these bad boys? have been given unlimited axcess to a smitty if i can get this thing back up and rolling. i think its a 50? i know its a 110# hammer and the previous owner killed this thing then sold it to my buddy.

If the ''compressor ramm'' is opperating and the ''hammer ramm''is not operating an the machine is oiled thre can be two rerasons to the failier
i the ''opperating valv'' on the right side of the hammer is not in the right possision
2 there are two rubber pipes conected to the ''hammer ramm'' the bottom one is burst (you can heaer it when you run the hammer) replace the pipe .
N o t an eassy job ,and you must fined a high preassor pipe or mail the agents and get one
check also the v driving belts if they are not in order change them too
this is the first thing to do !!!!!!!!!
Not an eassy job too
best luck

hofi

hofi

I think Tom did sell these origianlly. I have one of the first 2 he bought. As old as it is I'm sure Hofi used it when he was there. (no reflection on your age Mr. Hofi! ;) ) It has a small squirrel cage blower on the top to keep the cylinder cool. It is some different in looks from the new ones and is a dark blue in color. rated at 135#.

well as far as contact them that was a few days ago so now i go to the only people i know who habe some time on these things. Mr. Hofi the biggest problem is it appears the ram is galled from lack of oil. That said i will proced with the surgury with out the manuals. i will take lots of pics. and keep everyone up to date