I Forge Iron

Independant Foundry?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of someone who does their own independent foundry work? Backyard style?

I've seen plans for building your own small smelter/foundry but have never had the guts to do it. But I have something I would like to have cast but I don't have the market of buyers to pay the small lot prices it will cost me to get it done by a big foundry to have much if any profit left over.

I would appreciate any help or response.

The site you want has almost exactly the name as what you were asking for!

backyardmetalcasting.com

Hands-down the best resource for do-it-yourself metal caster. Lionel Hampton (site author) started from scratch and keeps a running record of his experiences. He also sells plans for backyard furnaces. He started with aluminum and is casting iron now. Give it a look.

Edited by Junksmith
forgot to include link

Definately post over at backyardmetalcasting.com forum there are plenty of us over there that have up and running backyard foundry's and are more than capable to help you out but you will need to post what it is your looking to have cast and of what type of metal, also do you have a pattern or do you need that as well, pattern making is where it gets costly.

welder19