I Forge Iron

Sword Play

Chris Keppler

There was an old post somewhere about "how do you tell who won a knife fight---they are the one who didn't bleed to death before getting to the hospital". Same with swords.

Even in Romeo and Julliet there is an "innocent bystander" who dies from getting in between two people with swords.

We expect people to start "ban swords" campaigns since with their popularity and the presence of so many "Saturday Night Special type swords" they become the weapon to hand and very hard for an untrained user to be able to wound without risk of death.

certainly all long knives should be banned, after all, they are only good for sport and killing, maybe we could regulate the hilt material, or better yet, grinders, yeah thats the ticket, if they can't grind, they will have a much tougher time making these baby killers. Then we can go after the flux materials, so they can't produce those awful multi folded metal blades, they are just evil....

Wait a minute guys I think it is against the law to carry a sword. I know a fellow here in Phoenix, biker friend now deceased, got arrested for carrying a fixed blade longer then some length in the city ordnance, got his skinny rear end hauled off to jail. May be just a law to hassle biker types but I think the police play for real about carrying swords and long knives around here in the Phoenix Metro area.

Bent Iron---depends on the location and the officer. Under the concealed deadly weapon law that was in effect in AR in the late '70's my physics textbook could qualify if it was in my book bag as carrying a concealed deadly weapon. Never was hassled about carrying a sword around...