I Forge Iron

Biziloid

Damascus Mike

G'Day Mike I was just browsing the forum when I came across your post, I was asked by someone if I'd like some too. It is spelt bisalloy and from what I can gather it is some sort of hardened steel. I cant tell you much more.

Cheers Ian Ross

Edited by steve sells
corrected Bisalloy spelling, easier to reseatch when ya know what its called

its used alot in heavy earthmoving and minning machinery, for all the high wear areas that take alot of abuse.. very very hard to mark properly with a centre punch and good for making drill bits blunt, it doesnt cut as well as mild steel with and oxy/acetylene torch either.. Im not sure how it would go for a blade though, thats why i browse this site :D If its useful for knife making, im going to kick myself, ive seen alot of it thrown in the scrap at a place i worked at.

Edit: Just found this, http://www.bisalloy.com.au/files/Techman/Range%20of%20Grades.pdf

Edited by jack hollingsworth

thanx guys, i was wondering if it would be a good idea to weld it to the top of my rail road anvil so it has a harder surface?

ive heard of people useing it like that should work if its the stuff ive heard about ... its real tough and wear resistant ....good luck