I Forge Iron

Just 'won' a Hay Budden! :D

It's on Australian flea-bay, item no. 280324820858. 152lb according to the seller. Chipped edges on the far side, but otherwise ok as far as I can see.

Now I just need to find a way of getting it to me! :D

Comments and advice on repairs would be welcome, and yes, I'll be looking up the BP's on anvil repair. ;)

Congratulations! I hear anvils are hard to find down your way.

I'd hang fire on 'repairing' that unless you really know what you're doing an are sure you need a sharper edge. The attached photo is one I took in Sri Lanka about 7 months ago, where the pictured anvil has been used for so long that the face is gone. The smith who uses this is producing some very fine blades day after day after day, all forged down form leaf-spring.
CIMG0169.JPG

lol Dale! Not likely bloke, it's 70kg!
Mind you, it's quite a bit closer to Moony's place than mine... Naah, need to get it here & play with it! :D

Guys, the near side edge looks ok, but the far side edge is mank. I don't think I'll be taking the hard facing rods to it anytime soon though - I learnt the theory of welding many years ago, no practice!
And I can use the near side (admittedly not very easily) when required for now. Here's a couple of pictures, courtesy of the seller.

MyHayBudden1.jpg

MyHayBudden2.jpg

Edited by Ratel10mm

Now that far side edge might be be fairly munted to you, but being left handed that would just about be the near side edge for me. To save you all the angst and dilemma about repair or not, I could take it off your hands as a special favor, no charge. I could pick it up on my way through in about 3 weeks.
No need to thank me, its the least I could do for you.

Mick