I Forge Iron

Joined i Forge Iron today

Welcome aboard Los Angelino, glad to have ya.

Take a look on IFI (I don't recall what the section is but the name is self evident) for the CBA, California Blacksmiths Association (I think. MAN am I straining my memory today) They're a good bunch and will have all the info you need.

Of course you can check out the "Getting started, Lessons in blacksmithing and Blue prints" sections here on IFI. Searching the site for what you want to know is another good method.

Then again asking works and we like to talk. We like pictures too, lots and lots of pictures.

Frosty

Blacksmithing Groups

Howdy, Join the CBA. I'm an instructor, but the drive from LA to south Orygun would be intense. There's lots of folks in between, they are all good folks.You are in luck. In my opinion, which didn't cost you anything, the CBA has one of the best grass-roots-type education systems going. you can learn the basics from someone close, and if you want to attend a workshop for pay someday, you will be armed with a deadly array of basic skills with which you can heartily get your money's worth from. A two hour drive wouldn't be inappropriate, I routinely go 4-7 hrs to get to 'local meetings' in NorCal. It all depends how bad you want it. Carry on.