I Forge Iron

stand for air tools

this weekend I made a stand for my air tools ...I took piece of channel 2 inch wide and drilled 7/16 holes down the middle 2 inches apart and tapped them 1/4" pipe tap and screwed in the quick connect for air tools and welded up-rights 16" long with a tee on the bottom to fit in the top of my sears tool box with the lid open . To use I just push the air chuck of the tool into the quick connect. I oil the tool before I store it this way the oil drains to the working part of the tool. I think this will work better than letting them set in the drawer

• 1 month later...
smooth72 where abouts are you in Oklahoma. I left there abour 20 years ago

Newcastle, Just south of OKC. Born and raised a Okie and love it except the wind. You can have a great house for a great price. Oklahoma is starting to get allot of retirees because of the housing price. Forbes magazine voted OKC #6 and Tulsa most livable place in USA. It has been fun to see such a young state. grow. enough of the chamber of commerce speech.

Cool idea! Just what the heck do you do with all your extra time is my big question, I mean, looking for the tool you need makes up for some much of the day! :( Gotta get my shop a bit better...although I did do some major work in it just to put my "new to me" 135# Sahmerdan air power hammer in it. It's the one I bought from Ozark School, Tom Clark used it and I could afford this one! Most of my hand power tools are electric anyway but I do need something along that line for them....hmmmm Good going guys.

Newcastle, Just south of OKC. Born and raised a Okie and love it except the wind. You can have a great house for a great price. Oklahoma is starting to get allot of retirees because of the housing price. Forbes magazine voted OKC #6 and Tulsa most livable place in USA. It has been fun to see such a young state. grow. enough of the chamber of commerce speech.

I grew up in the city and worked for ATT there until 91 the moved to Georgia
cost too much to move back ...still have a lot of friends there. the wind never was a problem except trying to fly fish!

• 1 month later...

I am bad about leaving tools out and then can't find them when I need it. This helps me be better about putting them up and if I have a empty space I know that something is not put up. As heavy duty as yours is you can hang some huge tools.:D

Here's my version. Just a length of angle iron with appropriate sized slots to hold chuck end. Easy to oil, and then I have another piece of angle that acts as a cover to keep debris from falling in. I have it bolted to my work bench.

14479.attach

14480.attach

good idea Dodge, the way you did the rack you do not need to spend extra money on the fittings for the hanger. I have good ole duct tape covering the holes on the top of my connecters to keep debri out.

as far as heavy duty. I tend to overbuild everything to a fault.