I Forge Iron

Lamp restoration

Greetings Francis,

restorations are always more difficult than starting fresh with a design.  I have done many for churches and big old houses..  I once had to duplicate a gothic door stop for a church.  They brought me a sample one and I put it on my pile and promptly forgot about it. After a few reminder calls I decided to just get her done.  When they come back I played a joke and said I didn't have a chance yet and said I would just return thier sample. I gave them my finished product . Before they left I gave them back their original ., They spent a 1/2 hour matching mine with the original.  Well I ended up with a nice write up in the church bulletin as a go to place for restorations..  Super nice job on your work.. What will be the finish?  Outdoors or indoors ?

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

thanks it was a lot of work about 50 to 60% was replaces. A lot of veining leaves. The hardest part was figuring out how they they came apart. They will be used on the new wing of the museum flanking the stair case out side. That is why I used thicker steel. and good paint. I also put it on a 5 year paint plan.

An absolutely beautiful restoration.  I am (very) new to working with iron, but I did restoration on old houses up to and including restoring old trim and the like.  I can only imagine the work that went into this.