4 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Blacksmith

Kid Blacksmith

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPell City, Alabama

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

hi evryone i am trying to build a gas forge and would like to ask everyone for step by step instructions on how to build a gas forge burner.The simplest one that puts out the most heat for the lowest amount of money.

#2 Glenn

Glenn

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

http://www.iforgeiro.../65-gas-forges/

If someone questions your standards, they are not high enough.

Do not build a box, that way you do not have to think outside the box.

#3 MattBower

MattBower

• Members
  • 1,959 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

So you're bound and determined to go with gas, huh? I think that may be a mistake for someone with a budget as limited as yours seems to be, but so be it.

It'd be helpful to know what tools you have. Drill press? Electric hand drill? Do you have a variety of bits? Do you have access to any taps? Flaring tool for copper tubing?

Here's a good thread. http://www.iforgeiro...-and-made-this/

Please remember that propane is very flammable, and heavier than air (so it will collect in low spots). Leaks can be dangerous. It'd be a great idea to get an adult involved in this project.

#4 Frosty

Frosty

• Members
  • 12,613 posts
  • LocationMeadow Lakes Alaska

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

hi evryone i am trying to build a gas forge and would like to ask everyone for step by step instructions on how to build a gas forge burner.The simplest one that puts out the most heat for the lowest amount of money.

If you contact me on the side I'll walk you through a simple but effective burner. The only thing being you'll need to convince me you have the skills to do it right and have enough sense to build your own gas appliance. Do you have any idea how long your folk's insurance company would carry your homeowners if they found out?

A knife forge is really easy, 2-3 insulating fire bricks is more than enough to make one.

Frosty the Lucky.

Be yourself. Everybody else is taken.

"unknown"

#5 Nakedanvil - Grant Sarver

Nakedanvil - Grant Sarver

The Ferrous of them All!

• Members
  • 3,124 posts
  • LocationRight here at OCP Galactic Headquarters!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Glad to see you're not too easily discouraged.

That said, I cannot give any advice to someone I know is a minor on gas forge construction.
“There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
but then there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence,
transform a yellow spot into the sun.” ~ Pablo Picasso ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users