I Forge Iron

Stumptown Forge Frog Making Class with Jack Frost

I just heard that Stumptown forge is holding a class with Jack Frost on making some really great frogs. Kudos! If anyone is around for it I would love to hear how it goes. Jack is a great smith and his frogs and turtles are really amazing. One of those things you look at and realize is innovative and *gasp* unique! Now that he is showing people how its done though I 'spose there will be more out there. He did a demo at the last NWBA conference I believe. I suspect he is going to the next conference as well.

Stumptown is located in Portland Oregon. I haven't been there but would love to hear from anyone that has!

• 1 year later...

Hey Jim, do you perchance know Michael and Sheila Ernst? They are glass blowers who live in Drain. My ex-inlaws too. I miss spending time in their shop. They taught me a little about torch work when my ex-wife and I visited. I keep half expecting to run into them at some of the art shows, but so far, I haven't seen them.

• 1 month later...