I Forge Iron

Tom Clark's tool sale still on?

I have called the listed contact numbers for the sale many times and could not get an answer. I left messages and did not get a return call. I have also emailed two of the contacts with no return email. I am just trying to make sure the sale is still on because I would hate to drive over 500 miles to find out. If someone out there knows whether or not the sale is still on please let me know.

Go to his website. It shows a list of what will be for sale and prices. Basically it's all the tooling from the school and a few power hammers. Looks like they are grouping small stuff like tongs/punches into bundles.

The wife has been telling me for a couple months that I need to go away for a few days on the "scooter". I'm toying with the idea of wandering out.

Yes, the sale is still on, March 28-29. Tom N in only at the shop on Mon, Wed, & Fri and only then after 1:00. If you check the web site you will see a new list containing a FEW of the items to be sold. I have purchased on of the older air hammers, just trying to get a weekend free to go pick it up! Wife and I will be in Albq. NM that weekend, :( BUT we get to see our GRANDSON!:) :) Have you tried calling Bob Alexander, his number is also listed...or at least it was. You need to call that number during the day as it is to his shop. Good luck, and I hope you get what you want at the sale! Also, don't forget to make a leave for the "Tom Clark Memorial Gate" to be presented to Mrs. Clark. The BAM group is doing that and leaves should be into them by sometime in April---check www.bamsite.com for details.

Go to his website. It shows a list of what will be for sale and prices. Basically it's all the tooling from the school and a few power hammers. Looks like they are grouping small stuff like tongs/punches into bundles.

The wife has been telling me for a couple months that I need to go away for a few days on the "scooter". I'm toying with the idea of wandering out.

Man you can't get much on a "scooter"! Rent a BIG truck!:) You could haul the scooter in it too. :)

Anything I purchase would be UPS'able.

Last time I tried to hit a sale of this type the first guy in the door bought the entire place out and repriced everything back up to near retail and sold it on the spot to everyone that came looking for a deal.

If I ride out and that happens no biggie I fire up and roll out... I'm still having fun.

Riding home with an empty rental truck would be disappointing to say the least.

One way to stop the "buy it all and reprice it on the spot to sale deal" is to not allow anyone to resale or sale anything during this sale. That way it may discourage someone from doing that. Seeing as how they would have to haul it all off and advertise to get their own crowd.

I'm one of those that if someone had bought the entire stock and jacked the prices up on everyone else I'd let them eat it. A ride like that on your bike would be enjoyable and you can get a lot of stuff in the right size saddle bags.;)

Agreed. I've surprised a quite a few with how much I can haul.

The sale is still on. I will try to post more details in a day or two. I do not think we will let anyone buy and resell on site. Please understand Mrs. Clark owns all of this and has the finial say. We are just a few of Tom's friends trying to help her with this.
Phil