I Forge Iron

Hello out there!

Farmfresh

My name is Farmfresh and while I am not a metal worker as of yet, I have several friends that are and am really interested in the topic.

I am a homesteader and not a typical one at that. I homestead in the big city. I raise my own chickens for meat and eggs and I love to garden. I became a homesteader because I wanted to become more self-sufficient in all that I do.

We have had horses and ponies for years and one way that I became more self-sufficient with them was to learn how to trim their feet myself. I am not a blacksmith (yet) because we very seldom use horseshoes on our animals, but I have attended quite a few horseshoeing clinics.

My friend is a blacksmith and was a historic reenactor as a village blacksmith in "Old Missouri Town 1855", which is a reproduction historical village in Missouri, for several years. He still operates his forge in his spare time and I love to watch him at work.

I hope that by joining this forum I will be able to make some new acquaintances and learn a lot about a topic that is very interesting to me.