I Forge Iron

Hey

Conrad

Hi everyone,

Name's Conrad (I'm rather unimaginative with usernames!) and I'm a multi-national world traveller, currently residing in the east end of Canada.

A little background:

I was born and raised in South Africa. From there I moved to Singapore, after that England, now Canada. I've visited a fair few other countries in between too. All by the tender age of 22!

My grandfather was a bit of an artist, he loved creating anything and everything from painting to making things with steel, glass, wood and any other material at hand. I guess it's from his influence that I grew my love of steelworking, especially knifemaking.

I have, so far, a forge, blower and chimney. Now all I need is to finish building my workshop (which I'll do when the winter finally leaves) - so far I've just laid the foundations and put up the profiles. Then I need to buy an anvil and I'll start with some basic stuff. :)

Well, that's me...

Welcome aboard Conrad, glad to have ya.

This is a pretty international forum so you might find folk to reminisce with about old digs.

You'll find plenty of bladesmiths here to talk to as well as general smiths and metal workers of all kinds. Heck, you'll find all kinds of all kinds here and every darned one of us like pictures.

Frosty