I Forge Iron

Proposed Changes in Knife Chat

Steve Sells

Due to popular request, We have loaded a few sticky's to answer many of the questions that pop up on a regular basis. We have tried to keep things simple so you don't have to get a PhD to make a blade.

Also We are implementing a few slight changes to the Friday live knife chat.

1) We will post a list of topics in advance for coverage in the chat, beginning with basic and progressing to more advanced topics.

2) We will now Log the chats, and compile a summary to be posted in the knife section for reference later.

3) I am are aware that some get logged into the knife chat by the system. I have no clue how this is happening, but please show some manners, and switch yourself back to the main blacksmithing chat if you do not wish to take part, rather than interrupt the knife chat. The control switch is at the top of the main window labeled ROOM at the right side of this bar is the room change switch, an arrow to toggle between the rooms. The posting by Andrew today address issues with the chat becomming unstable with more than 25 persons logged in, and that is connected I am sure.

This should assist those that can not attend, or must come in late to see what was covered. Hope to get some feedback on the sticky's and these new changes soon so we can adjust things asap.

Edited by steve sells
add #3

Last Friday, anyone who logged into chat was routed directly into Knife Chat, some of these people didn't want to go to Knife Chat. Route all chatters into the main chat room and let the ones that want to go to Knife Chat get there by themselves.