I Forge Iron

Bladesmith

hylton

Hi Guys. I am a bladesmith trading under the name Rutherford Forge. I am looking at extending my range to include something else other than knives and I enjoy hammering metal, but the knife market is a bit limited. If anyone has any demo's or is based close to me (Johannesburg Northgate) I would appreciate getting together to learn from you smithy experts out there. I am also on the lookout for a bigger anvil -100kg.

regards

Hylton

Hallo Hilton,
I went through the same stages and have now branched out into artist blacksmithing.I did a lot of research via the internet and various books but am still only scraping the surface.
What I do find is that as I progress I am developing my own style and preferences.I enjoy scrolling by hand as well as a wide variety of other techniques.
I still want to learn so much as I progress deeper and deeper but am limited to an extent due to time constraints and the fact that I work alone.

I would like to host you to my shop and if you ever come out the Vereeniging way, do come and vist me at Henley on Klip, and this invite goes for all the other Smiths out there.

My details are elsewhere on this page.

Regards

Herman:
ursus.forge

Welcome to the our merry band Hylton, glad to have ya.

If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll help you get in touch with folk living close. There are more than 50 countries represented on IFI so it can really make a difference.

Frosty

• 4 weeks later...
Alaska is on my to-visit list. We never see snow here in Johannesburg, South africa! Edited my profile, thanks for the tip

Hylton

If you ever make it up this way please let us know in advance. We're centrally located in the state and make a decent base for exploring. We can also steer you to some of the good stuff locally without having to go through a tour company.

Of course there is the forge, anvils and such in the shop to play with if you like. We also raise pygmy goats if you're bringing youngsters along or the wife is interested in critters. Deb is also a spinner and is concocting some cool skills and tricks.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to visit. Same for everyone, give a shout and come on over.

Frosty

• 4 weeks later...

Hylton,

Sorry that you missed the forge in at Coenraad, last Saturday. I was looking forward to meeting you there. Maybe we can get together some time, you can always call me at 083 263 7325.

Greetings, Wim