I Forge Iron

Eastern Ontario Blacksmiths

TASMITH

Looking for any Eastern Ontario Blacksmiths on this site. I am aware of a few but can't remember all who have posted on here. I would like to see if there is enough interest in maybe forming an Eastern chapter of OABA. Many of the hammer-ins held under OABA happen in the southern region of the province and can make it very difficult for members in the Eastern half to attend. My thoughts are to maybe have our own hammer-in around this section of the province. We would contact OABA and see if we could be set up as a chapter.

I feel that perhaps if we could arrange some hammer-ins that were no more than a couple of hours drive away that it would give people around here more opportunity more meet with like minded individuals for learning and fellowship.

If interested in this post a reply here so others will know and PM me with some contact info.

As a further note if you know of other Blacksmiths( or aspiring Blacksmiths) that are not on this site contact them as well. I am aware of some others in my area that are not on-line and I will be contacting them as well.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I believe some of you guys come across to our Ogdensburg meet for the New York State Designer Blacksmiths, It is always a pleasure to meet you guys, I hope you will continue the international goodwill. And remember the Great Lakes International Iron fest in May in Buffalo!

• 2 years later...

Looking for any Eastern Ontario Blacksmiths on this site. I am aware of a few but can't remember all who have posted on here. I would like to see if there is enough interest in maybe forming an Eastern chapter of OABA. Many of the hammer-ins held under OABA happen in the southern region of the province and can make it very difficult for members in the Eastern half to attend. My thoughts are to maybe have our own hammer-in around this section of the province. We would contact OABA and see if we could be set up as a chapter.

I feel that perhaps if we could arrange some hammer-ins that were no more than a couple of hours drive away that it would give people around here more opportunity more meet with like minded individuals for learning and fellowship.

If interested in this post a reply here so others will know and PM me with some contact info.

As a further note if you know of other Blacksmiths( or aspiring Blacksmiths) that are not on this site contact them as well. I am aware of some others in my area that are not on-line and I will be contacting them as well.

Terry

I am entering in to the world of blacksmithing, setting up my own forge/shop at this time, and would love to connect with other Eastern Ontario smiths!
Not sure if this thread is completely dead, or active in the background..but I'm all for pushing more eastern Ontario stuff. Seems like all the resources/smiths' activities are a way down south. Cheers!

• 1 year later...

As someone who has been involved in OABA for about 14 years now I know there is a lot of support from those of us in the west for a more active Eastern group. I understand how it can be difficult it can be to travel so far to meetings. I have gone to 2 meetings in Ottawa and a several in Kingston including a couple on Wolfe Island. There was a Eastern forge group many years ago and it would be good to see one form again with regular meetings.

Unfortunately there have been a couple of our regular monthly meetings held in the Eastern part of the province and apart from the hosts and a couple of eastern attendees most of the people there were from the western part of the province. This can be frustrating to those trying to reach out. If there is a group meeting regularly in the East as a larger group we are more likely to hold more of the bigger events in the east.

• 4 weeks later...