I Forge Iron

New guy

n8up

Hi all, just happened to find this site. I've always wanted to try my hand at blacksmithing, but never had a chance to. I don't have any equipment yet, planned on doing some research first before I commited to anything. Looks like alot of good info here and great experience.

Welcome aboard n8up.

Check out the getting started section and the blueprints section. Searching IFI for the equipment and tools you want, need or whatever will yield plenty of info. Asking questions is always welcome of course.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location you'll discover the folk in your area willing to lend a hand directly.

Frosty

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Go back and read again what Frosty said about updating you profile giving you location. This will help beyond measure! Might even get some leads on toys...er I mean tools! Also, we will be able to help hook you up with a blacksmith group near you. Hope you visits here will prove to be helpful. Once again, welcome.

Thanks all. Guess I forgot to update my profile, done now. I live in SW Oklahoma, but currently stuck somewhere else due to work for a few more months. Got alot of reading to do from the looks of it. Haven't seen it or maybe I missed it, are there any recommended books to read? I kinda like the paper kind, easy to get to when the power goes out or got nothing else to do.

See?!? I told you that giving your location would help! You are in Saltfork Craftsmen Artist Blacksmith Association country! Saltfork Craftsmen (the Oklahoma group) and 4States Iron Munchers are in Texarkana, TX/ARK! www.fourstatesironmunchers.com Salfork has a meeting every Sat. of the month SOMEWHERE in the state. The Southwest Region group usually meets in Paris. 4States meets on the 3rd Sat. in Texarkana. Both excellent groups with folks willing to help. I am a member of both groups tho I don't get to meetings as often as I would like...sigh... Anyway, come join us, you'll be glad you did!