I Forge Iron

Proper Striker Hammerswing

Just watched Dale's video, I've been doing this for a few years now so I'll give you some pointers.
The bloke in the video is over reaching ie he needs to stand closer to what he is hitting.
Don't need to go fast, you are'nt a power hammer, slower with more force accurately will allow you to do it all day with less effort. (id be suprised if dales striker can keep that pace up all day)
You are using a hammer on an anvil not an axe, pick or mattock. Dont swing the hammer like an axe, ie keep your hands in one place. It helps with accuracy.
Dales swage block is too high for a striker it needs to be lower to allow him to develop a better swing. Where I started my apprenticeship in Belligen NSW we had 2 anvils set up, one was the usual height, the other was much lower to allow a proper swing using an anvil tool on the job (eg a flatter, swage etc).
Where possible use the top of your thigh to give the end of the hammer handle a bump to assist in raising the hammer back up. (easier to show the principle than to explain it)
When you start to train a striker, get a smaller hammer and place it on your side of the anvil, then tell your striker, "thats for you", he will give you a dumb look, then add, "Yeah you hit me and hurt me, I'm going to hit you and hurt you back". Always works a treat!
If your stiker does'nt work out, get a power hammer.
Cheers
Phil