I Forge Iron

is it worth it?

Yesterday I just went and picked up an anvil. Its roughly 100-105lbs. I cant find a dent, ding or scratch on the thing, its in excellent shape. If its been used it hasn't been used much. I payed $300 for it. Sounds like a reasonable price? Im in Canada as well so Im not sure what the prices are like in the US. My camera is broken right now but I'll try and get some pics up. Thank you for whoever answers.

I think it is a little on the high side even for us Wulfgar. I live in Ont. and I picked up a 150# Mousehole anvil and got a rusted but workable 5 in. Blacksmith vice thrown into the deal. But sometimes you have to pay a little extra to get what you want, especially if something is fairly hard to come by. These days finding a used anvil in near perfect shape is hard to do. You still did a lot better than buying new!

wow, Thats about $3 a pound.... i Guess you can expect to pat that nowadays.
I got mine from a guy from victoria island in b.c canada and i paid $1 a pound, totoal price =$100 for my 100 pounder. I think thats a little to much, but i might be wrong?

I payed 500 for a 200lb Trenton in medium shape and I think it's a good deal. So hard to find an anvil in Colorado.

Yesterday I just went and picked up an anvil. Its roughly 100-105lbs. I cant find a dent, ding or scratch on the thing, its in excellent shape. If its been used it hasn't been used much. I payed $300 for it. Sounds like a reasonable price? Im in Canada as well so Im not sure what the prices are like in the US. My camera is broken right now but I'll try and get some pics up. Thank you for whoever answers.

Yeah, I'd have loved to find a perfect anvil at that price. I was about to hang up the hat on finding a used anvil untill I ran across the Trenton. New 100-120lb anvil will run you at least 500$US.

I paid $325 for a 100 pound Trenton in very good (not perfect) condition. Anvils in very good condition are rare in my area, so I thought that finding another one in that condition might not happen any time soon.

Did you find your anvil on Kijiji Calgary (that lady who had about 10 anvils for sale)?

Edited by Sask Mark

Did you find your anvil on Kijiji Calgary (that lady who had about 10 anvils for sale)?

yes actually it was lol. he has a fair bit of stuff there and i took the best anvil that he had. i might go back one of these days and get some of the melting ladels (i dont know the proper term) that he has too.